- National Education Parent Resources
- Scholastic Parent Resources
- Reading Rockets Parent Resources
- LEA Parent & Family Engagement Policy
- Jordan Child Development Center
- USBE Parent Resources
- Title I Compliant Form and Procedures
Parent’s Right to Know
School staff and district administrators want to welcome you and your family to a new school year. As parents, you play a key role in helping your child succeed in school. We are eager to work together to ensure your child’s success.
To help parents become more knowledgeable about your child’s school and our efforts to meet requirements outlined in the new Every Child Succeeds Act (ESSA), we will be notifying you of our school status regarding end-of year Sage testing. You have a right to know how your child’s school compares to other schools. School and district report cards will be available on the state and school websites. Additionally, your school report card will be sent home.
You may also request the following information about the professional qualifications of your child’s teacher:
- Teacher has met state qualifications and licensing requirements for the teacher’s grade level
- Teacher is teaching under either an emergency or other provisional license through which state qualification criteria has been waived
- Teacher’s college degree, graduate certificate, and field of the teacher’s licensure
You are also entitled to know the qualifications of the paraprofessionals who may be working with your child.
To request this information, please contact your child’s school.